The City of New Smyrna Beach invites you to attend “Resilient New Smyrna Beach,” an open house to present the vulnerability assessment feedback from a city-wide survey and strategies for the City to consider in addressing the existing and potential future impacts of flooding due to storms, sea level rise, and high tides. Help to guide the direction that New Smyrna Beach should take to minimize the impacts of flooding.
Speak with subject matter experts from Volusia County, Stetson University, and the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences about the answers to questions such as:
– What areas flood now?
– Where will flooding occur in 2040? In 2070? In 2100?
– What roadways will flood and when will it occur?
– What public facilities are at risk?
4:30 PM: Open House
4:50 PM: Presentation on Resilient New Smyrna Beach survey
5:45 PM: Q&A and Closing Remarks
5:50 PM: Open House Stations
– Vulnerability Assessment and Map Review and Discussion
– Resiliency Strategy Review and Discussion
– Volusia Sustainability
– Volusia County Emergency Management Exhibit
6:30 PM: Adjourn